Calling all Canadians in Denmark!!!

For Canadians living in and travelling to Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland
tiff_wNew Member
Topic author

Calling all Canadians in Denmark!!!

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:13 pm

Ok...I'm actually from Manchester, England myself, but my best friend in the whole world is working in Denmark at the moment and after a weekend visit I've decided to take matters into my own hands and find her some friends in Denmark who actually know how to have an entire conversation in English!!!

SO PLEASE, drop me a line and let me know if you're in Denmark (maybe even going through some trials and turbulations yourself!!!)...us Canucks need to support eachother! She's a great girl and I'd love for her to have a Canadian friend when I'm so far away!!!

Thanks!!!
tiff
mandie_044New Member

re:

Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:11 pm

AWWWWW, wish I had of known! I was studying in Aarhus, Denmark for 6 months, but just got home a couple weeks ago. Where is your friend studying?
newfiegurlNew Member

Move?

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 am

I am not in Denmark but am considering moving there to work. I am in Canada now and can't figure out if it's a good idea. I can easily get a holiday visa for Denmark and would like to move there to be with my boyfriend. Any thoughts on how easy it would be to find work?
CourtttNew Member

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:19 am

Hey,

I'm 24 yr old chick living in denmark now, and have been living here since january. I had some MAJOR problems with my visa, (applied in november and the guy handeling my case.QUIT so i only just got it.8 months later) but i think its a unique situation. Anyway i also moved here to be w my danish bf and im enjoying it. People here are nice, work is kind of annoying to find but it also depends on your field. What kind of work are you doing?
newfiegurlNew Member

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 am

Hi again.things have changed since my last post and my boyfriend is coming to Canada now instead which is a whole new ball-game! It's not easy to obtain a work visa here but we're going to keep trying. Has your boyfriend every done this? And, btw, I am a business graduate working in the financial industry.I doubt it would be easy for me there.
CourtttNew Member

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:33 am

hey
yea it would be difficult ifyou dont have the language. im still learning and ive been here 7 and a half months. its really hard. my boyfriend hasnt tried the visa there yet, once im finished school tho we talked about moving over to canada for a while. what kind of problems is he having?
MelissNew Member

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi there, I am moving to Denmark on August 20th for a year to be with my boyfriend. Living around Vig, Holbaek, Asnes area. Anyone around there?!
Is it hard learning the language?
leat124New Member

Re: Calling all Canadians in Denmark!!!

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Well I'm 26/f, and I just came back from Aalborg, but in a few months I'll be moving permanently:) I'd love to meet some people there so I have my own friends instead of being all lonely lol
bluefishNew Member

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 pm

leat124 wrote:Well I'm 26/f, and I just came back from Aalborg, but in a few months I'll be moving permanently:) I'd love to meet some people there so I have my own friends instead of being all lonely lol

I'm 26 years old as well and I'll be moving to DK in the end of August.
canvsdkNew Member

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:08 am

Hey whats up? Im from Canada SK and i moved to denmark in the summer time july to be exact. Im looking to meet other people like me, I have had alot of trouble actually getting my visa but i finally got it though so thats all fine and dandy! Im currently looking for work, is anyone has any suggestions for finding work in denmark that would be great keep in mind i do not speak the language yet :( . So yah if anyone wants to drop me a line i would love that i dont have my own friends yet so i would love to meet up!
Thanks

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!