Canadian Comfort-Food abroad

Talk about anything, with anyone, here.
SneexJunior Member
Topic author

Canadian Comfort-Food abroad

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:53 pm

If you could eat your favorite comfort food while abroad what would it be, and why? What lengths would you go to to get it if you knew it was available?

Mine would be true-blue kraft macaroni and cheese. KD man. haha. When I was in scotland I found "kraft" mac and cheese, but OMG it was the worst thing i'd ever attempted to eat, it smelt like roadkill when I made it.

I would have done anything for a proper burger in italy too, with all the fixins. I felt seriously protein deprived there lol.
Dance, sing, floss and travel.
Reba

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:16 am

I have a care package on its way to me now from my Mum & Sister (my Aunt is driving down). Its got Shreddies, Tim Horton's coffee and hot chocolate, Cadbury's chocolate, Bits n Bites and probably a few other things.

I hadn't thought of KD. I wonder if I can get them to stick some of that in now.
AllyssaSuper Member

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:49 am

When I lived in North Africa I craved peanut butter. (We only had the homemade - roast and crush the peanuts yourself type). I almost cried when my aunt sent me a small jar of Skippy for Christmas. The other thing I missed was pasturized milk. There was plenty of fresh off the farm milk (but that was never cooled quickly and always had a near sour taste) or sterelized milk (gross!)!

:) Allyssa
EhcanucksfanNew Member

Post Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:50 pm

I just returned from Vancouver with the following:
2 large tins of folgers coffee, 1 MJB, 1 great canadian coffee, box nanaimo bar mix, 3 crystal lights, 4 jello instant puddings, 2 very big boxes fruit loops, 2 mini oreos, 9 packs dentyne, 2 pres.choice egg nog, 2 pres.choice flavoured coffee, box 40 timbits and 12 TH donuts. This should keep is going for a little bit longer !
Reba

Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:58 am

My Auntie also brought me a few packages of Peak Freans cookies :D Yum!
donJunior Member

Post Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:01 am

Alpha Bits.
AedanNew Member

Re: Canadian Comfort-Food abroad

Post Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 am

My all time favorite and comfort food is a sandwich. because they are easy to carry while traveling.
leesaluNew Member

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:15 am

I bring back Timmy's English Toffee Cappuccino powder, Excel Polar Ice gum, and a couple Skor and Crispy Crunch chocolate bars.
lynne1New Member

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:17 pm

To Ehcanuckfans - I have a recipe for Nanimo bars and it is excellent. I've tried the mix and they don't come close to the real thing. Want it!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!