Canadian Passport

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!

Moderator: visaplace.com

RedWingsFanNew MemberUser avatar
Topic author

Canadian Passport

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Has anybody on this forum actually received their passport in the 6 weeks processing time like the passport website says? And has anyone had their original proof of citizenship documents lost because of the passport office?

My CDN passport expired back in 2006. All I have is my birth certificate and I am scared to death to send it in with my passport application to Quebec, in case they lose it.
AllyssaSuper Member

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:13 pm

I know they ask for the originals, but make sure before you send it that you make a copy of it for yourself too. Just in case. (In fact I don't think I would ever leave my home country without a photocopy of my identification -- a set to keep with me and a set to leave with trusted friends or family members.)
If you need your passport for a specific date coming up, I would definitely send it out 10-12 weeks early and not rely on their "promise" of 6 weeks.
Last year at this time my friend was going on a spring break vacation to Disney land and sent her passport applic out in early January. She only got it the day before her trip. (What is that 3 months!)

All the best with that!

Allyssa
RedWingsFanNew MemberUser avatar
Topic author

Passport Photos in Chicago

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Can anyone recommend a good passport photo place in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs? I contacted the Canadian Embassy in Chicago and they do not have a list of any photo places they can recommend for Canadian Passport Photos.
mlacroixNew Member

Canadian Passport Photos in Chicago

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:07 am

For Canadian Passport photos in Chicago, go to:

A Aaron Photography/Marshall Photographers
312-782-5151
9 N. Wabash
5th floor
Chicago

It’s an “old worldâ€
twocentsNew MemberUser avatar

I did it twice while living in New York

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:12 am

I sent everything by courier and it was returned well before the 6 weeks time frame including all original documents.
KorbenDallasNew Member

Re: Canadian Passport

Post Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:32 pm

113NorthPhoto. They can take photos for Canadian passport and citizenship. It's at 113 W. North Ave, between LaSalle and Clark.
Highly recommended.
ECCanadianNew Member

Re: Canadian Passport

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Please STAY AWAY from Sameday Passport located on Chicago Prudential Plaza 130 East Randolph St. # CL-2B Chicago,IL 60601.

I went to take Canadian Passport Photos with them. The told me that they have taken many Canadian Passport photos before. However, my photos were rejected b/c of too many glare and shadow in the background. So I called them back, the manager was quite rude and requested unfeasible proof of rejection 1) Bring the old photos back 2) Have Canadian passport Office to draft letter.

I explained to the manager that photos are kept with the Canadian passport office and will not be returns until the passport is issued. She actually asked me if i kept one of the two photos taken, obvioulsy don't know Canadian passport office require two photos. Then I explained to to her that the Canadian passport office called me instead of sending me a letter, in fact, i have also received phone calls regarding invalid photos in the past. She didn't buy that and told me no way I could have my photos re-taken without those two ridiculous requirements. So i told her forget it.

My fellow Canadians, please stay away from Sameday Passport in Chicago. Very bad services and very rude.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!