Canadian studying in the US - student visa?

All questions and topics related to US work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.


christiepitsNew Member
Topic author
Posts: 1
Joined: 7 Mar 2008
Location: Toronto

Canadian studying in the US - student visa?

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi all! I'm posting this because there doesn't seem to be a lot of information going around pertaining to Canadians studying in the US.

I'm starting graduate school this fall at U of Pennsylvania's design school. I will be able to demonstrate financial self-sufficiency, but there is one complication: I live by myself in a rented apartment while my parents have been on overseas company assignments for the past several years. There will be no "permanent home" for me here aside from close family friends who would be collecting bank statements, phone bills etc. on my behalf.

So my question is:
Is a student visa (F-1) needed in my case?
Is my situation going to complicate my student visa application?

I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks in advance!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

  • Related topics
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests