Moving to Paris, and looking for someone to go with

Canadians living / traveling in France
julievdpNew Member
Topic author

Moving to Paris, and looking for someone to go with

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:35 am

Hello, After 5 trips to France in the last 4 years, I return again, heartbroken having to come back to Canada.

I would like to move to France. Paris to be precise, and am in the works of upgrading my skills to make a move there a successful one. I would love to meet someone who, like me, is planning to move to Paris and who would rather do it with someone than doing it alone. Somone to share accomodations with, and to jobsearch with.

If anyone is seriously planning a move to Paris, let me know. Perhaps we can coordinate a move together.
Browny_4New Member

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Hello,

Let me know how your planning is going. I am interested in making a move to Europe. I don't have much savings but I'm trying to save up some money so I can move there, find a place and start working and experiencing something new. I would like to pick up the French language because I think I am leaning towards eventually becoming an air traffic controller and having mastered both languages is an asset. I also understand that they have hockey over there and of course as a good Canadian lad, that is very important to me.
four_seasonsNew Member

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking to go to France in October for the month to network, then move once I land a job there.please let me know if you are interested in going in October. I look fwd to hearing from you!

thanks!
fluorescent adolescentNew Member

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:20 pm

I too, would like to make the move. I'm a recent uni grad and just obtained my TESL certificate, however, I've read one too many horror stories about how difficult it is to get a working visa.

Also, my spoken-french is pretty useless as well since I stopped taking French in grade 10. What's the best way to go about finding work there BEFORE getting a visa?

To me it's a connudrum that doesn't make any sense. You need to have a job in France before getting a visa, yet jobs won't hire you if you don't have a visa.
kishNew Member

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:39 pm

Hey did you move to France? I am moving from Canada to Paris too. Dont have any friends there. looking to meet new people.n make new friends
jole_CNew Member

Re: Moving to Paris, and looking for someone to go with

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:48 pm

hey there..i am also moving to Paris January 2009..with a work hoiday visa.in a similar predicament..looking to meet up with people whle abroad too..if you are there already it would be cool to get some info on how it went
njwoodsNew Member

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:29 pm

hello all,
Well, how is the big move and studies going for you? Did you find out any more ways to job search online, or a place to live?

I wish you all the best and please keep us posted, I am interested in going to Paris----maybe not to live though.
personalized....luggage tags
holowatukNew Member

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 am

Hi,
I just got there yesterday from Calgary, AB, Canada and am looking for some friends to connect with here too. I am living in Paris until the end of July/09. If anyone is interested in coffee/dinner/museum, then let me know, as I'm already homesick and missing friends and family.
mojoecanadianNew Member

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:37 am

Bonjour!

I'm originally from London, Ontario. I am currently living in the United Kingdom on a working holiday visa. In about 8 months I'll be ready to move on and the next place that I want to live is in France. Somewhere in the Alps would be good (this winter has been hell, not having any snow, no skating, no skiing).

I've started looking into getting a work visa for France but I'm not having much luck. Are any of you working in France? If you could help point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Vive le France!
"From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen. Now there's a way, and I know, that I have to go away. I know, I have to go" - Cat Stevens, Father & Son
Rhea TylerNew Member

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 am

would love to go too...but have only just enrolled for a French class...perhaps in 6 mnths!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!