TIM HORTONS IN ENGLAND!!!

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK

Moderator: oohmercyme

angelnikiJunior Member
Topic author

TIM HORTONS IN ENGLAND!!!

Post Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:10 am

ok i know that we're always obsessing on here about timmy's, so i'm shocked that i didn't know about this already, but apparently there are a few tim hortons shops in england! now don't get too excited, i think that they only have donuts (no coffee) and that the prices are insane, but worth it for a little taste of home, here's the locations!

-Road Chef, Clackett Lane, M25, UK
-The Queen Medical Centre Hospital, Nottingham, England
-Metro Centre, Newcastle Upon Tyne

let me know if you go there and how it is!
themeoneSenior Member

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:16 pm

Hey, what a dismal collection of locations! You'd have to be desperate to make a special trip for a Timmy fix!
][\/][attNew Member

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:45 am

not to sound negative or anything, but I believe their commercials have programmed you...It's not even a Canadian company anymore. How is the place so popular, when there is only 1 blend of coffee??

Anyways, good luck with your quest.
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -nietzsche
kastaCanuckAbroad Regular

Post Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:35 pm

I've heard the Newcastle location only serves donuts and not any coffe. I am not sure about the other locations.

Even if it is owned by Wendy's it is a part of Canadiana that just won't die. Vive le Timmy Hos!!
Carli07Junior Member

coffee

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:26 pm

The Canada shop in Covent garden has started selling Timmy Ho's coffee by the canister if you have a coffee maker in your flat as well. :)
trolleyNew Member

Tims at LHR

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:38 am

There is also a new Tim's (again, donughts only- no coffee) in Waterside, which is the corporate headquarters for British Airways, in Harmondsworth, Middlesex. Totally weird. Problem- you need to be an employee of British Airways to get in the building. I am, I did...and when I saw the Timmy's there, I nearly shat my pants in excitement. Walked away with a 10-box of Timbits, and nearly cried. Very embarrassing, I know.
mulbaJunior Member

Tim's and more

Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:39 am

Dont laugh about getting a fix. After we moved from Toronto to Vancouver Island we used to drive from north of Nanaimo to Victoria to have Harveys burgers on the weekend.
TamaloshNew Member

Post Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:34 pm

Hey Mulba, you must have gone through Duncan then, that's where I used to live. Since being married to my British husband, I've been here 4 years now. Miss home!!! The things I miss, are the twizzlers!!! Not totally canadian I know, but it's not the same here. And Ketchup CHIPS, Olde Dutch :-p not enough flavour on the crisps here lol then there's popcorn twists. The 24-hour stores here aren't like walking into a 7-11 either. *sigh* yeah I miss home! problem is,... when I actually GO home, I'll miss another home here... lol
AngieNew Member

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:16 am

Timmys in the UK. Oh my word. that is the BEST! i never thought i'd see that glorious place on this side of the pond. (*rubs hands gleefully together*)

now all we need is the coffee...it would be a hit over on this side. just good old, NON-double-shot-uberskinny-shaken-not-stirred, simple coffee. (though i like mine double double)
scoobyJunior Member

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:48 am

Oh my god, asking for a double double. Those were the days. My dad also tought me to ask for a double, double, double cupped if I was getting take away so as to not burn my hands. My hubby who is British has also taken on board my dad's teaching and tried it at the Cafe Nero in Melton Mowbray and they looked at him like he was speaking Japanese.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!