UK Ancestry Visa Process Exhaustive How-To

All questions and topics related to UK work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
audioandlifeNew Member
Topic author
Topics: 1

UK Ancestry Visa Process Exhaustive How-To

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:06 am

Hey all,

My family is JUST about to finish the whole Ancestry Visa process.
I looked all over the internet for hours trying to find answers to various questions, and found many, but still had many left unanswered.

Within the next couple of weeks (once we have all of our visas in-hand) I will be posting a complete exhaustive how-to including screen shots of tracking, visa processing email updates, etc...

My hope is that through my how-to, people will be able to go from the simple beginnings of the document gathering and application process, right through to submission, payment, BioMetrics appointment booking, BioMetrics pictures, etc...

Knowing confidently, step-by-step what to do should effectively take out all (or almost all of the) guesswork.

Stay tuned, and let me know if you are interested!
caitlinwithacNew Member

Re: UK Ancestry Visa Process Exhaustive How-To

Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:01 pm

DEFINITELY interested!! :)
tarasueNew Member

Post Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:48 am

I'd also be very interested! I'm specifically curious in regards to the financial expectations and requirements for sponsoring my spouse while on my ancestry visa.
Jeremy78New Member

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:00 am

Very Interested!!
andreaKrystleNew Member

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Hello I have a couple questions on my ancestry visa application. I was denied entry to the UK Aug 28/13. Basically I asked to enter for max 6 months and was brought in for questioning. they told me they denied my entry due to lack of funds, the letter i had from my work, stating i had a job, was not on proper letter head, and stupid me i did not have my return ticket printed off...i had one but it is in my emails and when I asked immigration if i could show this document they wouldn't allow it :(......furthermore, to add to it, upon a baggage search they found my visa application form...i don't even know why i had it with me as you cant apply from outside your country anyways..... devastating evidence for me tho....they figured I would enter uk and not leave and claim asylum!! I am Canadian...no one claims asylum from here.. so anyways now i am going through the process of obtaining my ancestry visa. I have all required documents and bank savings etc ...my question is b/c I was refused entry and sent home next day what are odds I will be denied a visa??? I'm not a criminal, just didn't have sufficient documentation on me. The immigration officers did tell me i could re enter next day with the proper documentation but now I just want to get my visa and do everything properly...what does anyone think??? I have a job waiting for me in uk as well...
aeroportNew Member

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:01 am

I really hope you post the VISA Process soon. You're right, there is no where on the internet to show one how to go through this from start to finish. You're information will help many!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!