F1 D/S overstay, now Canadian Citizen - Applying for L1

If we travel or live abroad, we usually come back to visit right? Here's a the place to meet other "re-pats" and Canadians who have returned.
ninja27New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

F1 D/S overstay, now Canadian Citizen - Applying for L1

Post Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 pm

Timeline of events:
a) entered the US as a H1 dependent in November 2000 from Indian on Indian Passport
b) Transferred to F1 in December 2001
c) Dropped out of school - Lack of funds in Sept 2002 (parents went bankrupt)
d) Married my wife - A Canadian Citizen in April 2004 and left the US to move to Canada
e) The I-94 that I had was a F1 with D/S on it that I handed to the flight agent when departing states in 2005 March.
e) Got Canadian Citizenship in 2009
f) Started to travel to US since 2009 until now without any issues on vacations + small business trips
g) Now the travel for business is increasing and my company wants me to apply for L1

Question - So far nothing has triggered the US border agents to question me on my stay on previous Indian passport. If I apply for L1, will there be a through check that might show my previous run in?

Very confused as to the situation.
ninja27New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: F1 D/S overstay, now Canadian Citizen - Applying for L1

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:06 am

E34619 wrote:If you have been allowed to enter US since the overstay, then it is not going to impact your entries on L1. There is no "deeper" check on this type of entry.

Thanks for your response.. This puts my worries to rest. I am going to try in the coming month..

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!