delaying the move to the usa

All questions and topics related to US work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
apkeshJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:19 am

delaying the move to the usa

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:25 pm

I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and working in the US for an American company. I work as an American consulting company and spend 4 days in the US and fly back home on Thursdays for the weekend. I just got an email from my company indicating my PERM got approved (I was on an H1b and they did the sponsoring). Given some family obligations I would like to ideally stay in Canada for 2 years and move to the US in June of 2019. Is there any way I can do this without jeopardizing the GC status? From what I gather, it takes about a year to get your GC from the time you apply for I-140 and you have 6 months to move to the US from the day you get your GC- Is this accurate? Also, If it makes any difference, I have a property in the US, have US bank accounts, and work for a US company as mentioned earlier. My wife and kids however are rooted to Canada. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest