Applying for TN visa but LOST citizenship card

All questions and topics related to US work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
canucksfanNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:20 pm

To my horror I think I've lost my Canadian citizenship card when I need it the most (I am about to change jobs and need to apply for a new TN). It looks like it would take some time for me to get a replacement even if I submit my request as urgent. I was talking the other day with a friend, he said I can just use my Canadian passport as proof of citizenship when applying for the TN at the US border. Is this true? Obviously, that would be great if it's true.
canucksfanNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Applying for TN visa but LOST citizenship card

Post Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:30 pm

E34619 wrote:Of course you can use your valid passport,. In fact you MUST use your passport, since you are getting a working status.

No one uses their citizenship card anymore to cross. It doesn;t meet any of the security requirements for intermnational travel. Have you been getting by using this? I hope not.

The only thing your citizenship card is used for is renewing your passport every 5 or 10 years. Otherwise it should be in a safety deposit box... so it won't get lost.

Hi E34619,

In the past, when applying for my TN, I provide both my Canadian Passport and my Canadian citizenship card. I thought I needed the citizenship card to prove that I am a Canadian citizen. As you stated, I always used my passport to cross.

So if I'm reading this correctly, when applying for my TN, I can get by without providing my Citizenship Card? And just provide my Canadian passport, diploma, employment letter, etc.

Thanks!
canucksfanNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Applying for TN visa but LOST citizenship card

Post Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:24 am

E34619 wrote:What do you think a Cdn passport proves, other than Cdn citizenship?

The officers must shrug when you hand them this card.

They always look at the picture of me on the card (taken when I was 12 years old) and then stare at me and wonder where did all my hair go.
StarovHotJunior Member

Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Yes, work visa now seems to be the only way to live in Russia permanently, but the question is HOW do I get a work visa if I dont have an organization here in Russia that can apply for a work visa for me??
AllaUMJunior Member

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Ooh I have one

Do we roll 6d6 before or after character creation and stat assignment? What level will this go up to? What tier are you looking for?
Dellorik1992New Member

Post Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:40 pm

do i need to book a date to apply for applying visa? i have got letter sent from ecfmg.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!