1. The Peninsula Spa by ESPA is located at 700 Fifth Avenue. This luxurious spa reopened in January of 2009, after undergoing renovations. The list of treatments available is quite extensive and targets every part of the body. There’s also a pre-treatment tea lounge where you can relax before your treatment. Relax a little in one of the aromatherapy steam rooms and saunas. There’s also a plush post-service lounge where you can lay back on semi-private beds and nibble on a spread of snacks. If you book a treatment for two hours or longer you can also have access to the 42-foot pool and fitness centre.
2. Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa at the plaza offers it clientele wine-sponsored treatment that you can’t get anywhere else. Located at 1 W. 58th Street, th Caudalie also has a hammam steam room, and a relaxation lounge. Come get a wine-inspired treatment with a Crushed Cabernet Scrub or maybe a Fresh Grape Massage.
3. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is located on the 35th floor at 80 Columbus Circle. The spa has floor-to-ceiling windows that offer a beautiful view of Central Park. There’s a unisex Tea Lounge for relaxing, and many treatment rooms so they’ll never have to be bothered by a long wait. Avurvedic skin and body treatments, and Lomi-Lomi massages add a touch of the Far East, and there are unisex plunge pools also.
4. The Sense Spa at the Carlyle is a lavish spa with service that matches the grandor of the hotel itself. Located at 35 E. 76th Street, this sanctuary-like spa is just as glamorous as the hotel, and offers and array of treatment options. Choose from scrubs and facials, body treatment that use Red Flower products and natural ingredients such as Moroccan tea and rosemary, and you can wrap it all up with a relaxing rinse in a luxurious rain shower.
5. Rounding out the list is the Shibui Spa at the Greenwich Hotel. This spa is located at 377 Greenwich Street. the spa is Asian-inspired and is fabulous with all of its decadence. A reconstructed 250 year old Japanese farmhouse frames both the pool area and the lounge area. The spa has four treatment rooms. One of which, has a tub set aside exclusively for traditional Japanese bathing rituals.