Candidates for Best Hostel in the World
Many frequent travelers abroad often discuss amongst themselves; what are the — best hostels in the world ? Those who customarily travel are well versed in what constitutes a world class hostel.
Attributes of the Best Hostels in the World
- Uncrowded dorms; usually less than 4 beds
- Bathrooms in the suite
- Lockers for personal belongings
- Communal areas indoor and outdoor
- Pickup from arrival location
- Spacious communal kitchen
- Bar or club that serves inexpensive local spirits
- Laundry facilities
- Offers private bedrooms if needed
- A swimming pool
- Wi-fi with access to a computer if needed
- Friendly staff
- Centrally placed in a city
- 24 hour reception
- And last but not least the price should be at least half of what a hotel charges.
In Dublin, Ireland this year there was a conference of hostel owners, a trade convention that among other things and determined the – best hostel in the world.
- Best small hostel
- Best large hostel
- Best extra large hostels
- Best hostels on the various continents
- Worldwide hostels
- Popular hostels
- Hostels ranked by certain standards of cleanliness, character, location, security and staff.
Some of the selected results were. . .
Best Small Hostel (less than 50 beds)
The first 5 were all in Portugal with Malaysia having 2 in the top 10 and Spain, Italy and the Netherlands rounding out the top 10
Best Large Hostels (101 to 250 beds)
The top large hostel was in Lisbon, Portugal followed by hostels in Berlin, Germany, Sofia, Bulgaria, Riga, Latvia, Kyoto, Japan, Stockholm, Sweden, Seattle, USA, Bangkok, Thailand, Bratislava, Slovakia and Vienna, Austria.
Best Hostels by Continent
- Africa- Cape town, South Africa with 2 and Essaquira, Morocco
- Asia- Bangkok Thailand, Kuala Lumpor, Malaysia, Kyoto, Japan
- Eastern Europe- Two in Riga, Latvia, Sofia, Bulgaria,
- Latin America- Two in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Santiago, Chile,
- North America- Montreal Canada, Seattle, USA, San Francisco, USA
- Oceania (South Pacific)- Two in Queensland, New Zealand, Cairna, Australia
If you have plans to travel abroad extensively to many countries or a nice trip across a border let us help you with the legalities of passport, visa or entry papers and arrangements for travel and lodging. There is a multitude of arrangements that some travelers haven’t considered; like visa and passport intricacies; most Canadians are used to pretty easy access to this country and assume that most other countries as similar. That is not always the case. We can help you avoid delays and frustrating denials of entry by guiding you in the process of entry for each country that you intend to visit; you may then enjoy the experiences of staying in the — best hostels in the world