Top Ten Reasons You Need to Buy Flight and Travel Insurance
Any major purchase warrants more than just handing over your credit card number. If you’re heading out on a vacation or just flying for business, or even moving abroad, you should consider expatriate medical insurance and you need to take advantage of ticket insurance – here’s why:
1. Your credit card might be offering it without charge – Some business credit card companies offer instant insurance on ticket purchases, so you won’t have to pay for anything in addition to that coverage. Give them a call to see if you qualify.
2. Your plans can change – If you’ve ever had to change a flight, only to be faced with an additional fee for doing so, you need ticket insurance. Your plans might change, but the price shouldn’t.
3. You might have an emergency – While it’s perfectly plausible and acceptable to you to miss that Bahamas flight because your grandmother passed on, the airlines aren’t nearly as sympathetic. To cover yourself, ticket insurance is necessary.
4. It’s easy to buy and not that expensive – On one travel website, buying additional ticket insurance was only $25 per ticket. That’s a small investment for a big return.
5. You can cover your baggage – With ticket insurance, you can also cover any baggage damage or theft, which normally you would have to cover on your own.
6. Your family can be reimbursed in the event of your death – If something happens with the plane, your family will receive an insurance payment.
7. Many international insurance plans offer other services – In some cases, ticket insurance can extend to a twenty-four hour a day customer service line for all your travel needs.
8. If you lose your ticket – Things happen and you just might lose your ticket accidentally. But check to make sure your ticket insurance covers this before your purchase it – not all plans will reimburse for this.
9. You can get reimbursed for delays – Some insurance plans let you get a certain dollar amount for delays in your travel up to twelve hours.
10. You can get money for trip interruptions – If anything happens in your travel plans, you can get money to cover the inconvenience.
Flight insurance is bought when you purchase your ticket itself in most cases, while travel insurance is bought much like any other insurance you have. Take your time to investigate your options so that you select the plan that’s right for you.