Welcome new members!

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
oohmercymeModerator
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Welcome new members!

Post Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:38 am

Hello there! Welcome to CanuckAbroad! :smt041

Please take a moment to look at some of the stickies about moving to the UK and obtaining visas, hopefully a lot of your questions will be answered there. Your fellow members have a lot of advice and experience that should help make your move to the UK easier.

Be patient if you don't get a response right away- often things are quite slow on the weekends. Please feel free to share your advice and experience as well- we'd love to hear form you!

Happy posting! :smt024
CANZACNew Member

Re: Welcome new members!

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:31 pm

If this attempt actually works, could someone please explain to me -- in, like, simple words for a non-techie, how the heck I post posts? :(
polardkevinNew Member

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi,
I would like to say Welcome you all of the guys here.. And wish you best of the Luck here.
sr17041New Member

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 am

Hello,

I am a new member, my name is Sue. My family and I are considerng moving to the UK (Essex)in June. We all have British passports and are moving to be with family.
I just have some questions, if anyone would have the time to answer them.

1) If anyone has any experience moving children from the Canadian school system to the UK's. I would love to hear your stories and suggestions.

2) Do you have to do a driving test if you are buying an automatic car?

3) Does anyone have any experience withe bring DS and Nintendo 360 to the uk.

Thank you,
Sue
ilovetotravelNew Member

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Hey - I wasn't sure where to post so I hope posting in this thread is ok. I am currently living in Calgary, Alberta and honestly hate living in this city. Unless you enjoy the mountains there isn't much to do here. I love to travel and thought living in the UK short-term would satisfy this need. I have applied for a YMV and have my appointment next week. I have a supportive boyfriend who thinks I should go for it! Although he will not be making the trip with me. I am not attached to my job nor the location so I am hoping this move will be the right one. Moving to a new country doesn't bother me its going alone.....I always think things are easier when you have someone to share the experience with. I wanted to get some opinions on moving to the UK. Was it worth it? My reason for going would be to experience living in a new country, trying new things, getting out of my comfort zone, and of course traveling! Any feedback is greatly appreciated :D
claviclekissJunior Member

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:52 am

Hey All!

I'm moving to London in January (2012) not to make millions or get the dream job - but hey, if those two happen I wont complain.

I'm moving for the experience, to be closer to family and to see more of the world.

I'm Irish by birth with the EU citizenship and passport so I'm luckly that I don't need a visa at all. I just get to show up and start working (job permitting).

Most of my family live in Ireland, and a few in the UK. It will be great to spend holidays with family I usually see once every 10 years (or more!!).

I'm going to be doing some posting around the forums, so any help would be appreciated!
:D

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!