[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Changing your Canadian Licence for British one

Changing your Canadian Licence for British one

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
ucb1New Member

Re: Changing your Canadian Licence for British one

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Can someone clarify what's the minimum visa requirement to exchange a BC visa for UK one?

I am in UK on a visitor's visa, but do not want to take chances for getting into trouble for driving on a non-EU visa...

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
lynzSuper Member

Post Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't think there is a minimum visa requirement. I believe you can get your UK licence at any point - especially if your Canadian licence will expire shortly!
spony2478New Member

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:18 am

reading all the different posts, but has anyone actually gotten their manual licence if you have needed to? i just only found out today that my licence once transfered is automatic only!!! i am starting a new job in oct for enterprise and now it's gonna be delayed due to not have a manual licence arg!!
can anyone tell me if i have to take the theory test or can i just take the practical, pass and then i'd be ok?

cheers
spain00New Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hello. I am a Canadian living in Spain and wanting to exchange my drivers licence. Unfortunetly there are no conventions with Canada and Spain... but I was told there is for the UK and Canada and that might be a way to exchange my Canadian licence for a UK one and that is accepted and valid in Spain. Has anyone ever done this or know how I can do this? It is more than 600€ for me to take all the tests here. I have friends in the UK for an address. Is this even possible
fountainpenNew Member

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Here's a question,

I have my BC Learners (Class 7L) licence, and if I wanted to exchange it for a British one (I'm living in the UK atm) would they do it? There's a few restrictions on it, such as not driving between 0000-0500, only one passenger, need to have someone 25+ in it at all times, etc. Or would I just get a full UK, Auto-Only licence??
Thanks

I have a similar situation with a Ontario G licence,can I exchange for a learner or full licence in the UK?
kelly_1mNew Member

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Hey, can anyone tell me how long you have to be living in the UK before you can exchange your Canadian licence?
confused-ukJunior Member

Post Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:35 am

I have a bit of a strange one if anyone can help. I applied for my UK Licence at the beginning of March. My BC Licence had expired back in February (at the time I did not know they did not accept expired licences). This past week I received my full UK Licence without the Automatic Restriction. yesterday I received a letter from the DVLA stating that my licence has been revoked as my BC Licence had expired. I have to send the licence back or I will not get my passport back. I really need to get a licence. The only thing the DVLA will do is give me a provisional one, which I do not want. Does anyone have any suggestions??
spain00New Member

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Valerie1542New Member

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:22 am

I've just looked into swapping my Canadian driver's licence for a British one and it says I can do it within 5 years of being here. Its been 5 and a half, will I get away with it? Do they just go off the day I arrived in the UK? I have gone back and forth a bit. Is it worth just going for it?
modern combatNew Member

Look what I've just found

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 pm

My mind was astonished when I've first seen this sweet piece of game. Newest android game from a top of the line game studio, featuring such awesome and majestic enemies that I'm still stunned and awe strucked. Witnessing countless undead bugs dead, trigger invariably fluttering as I was launching my shadowgun and throwing explosives everywhere. Ominous lead character reminisced me of the old Doom PC game, though Combat Trigger: Modern Dead 3D has many additional gameplay features. Our armor gets to be customized which is the only thing that lets us persist even further into this science fiction horror. Modern warfare gets infused with murky and cynical sci-fi, where cosmos exploration gave us only unspeakable horror of having Earth occupied by dead zombie invaders. Billions of them, in fact. All hungry for our lives and our goods! Cool ego shooter, hard waffen, wow.
Become a frontline commando with your guns blazing, or snipe the zombie devils from large distances. All using only your tablet display. Only the best feats of modern warfare mingled with an quick trigger finger will allow you to win over the dead bugs. Cool graphics encourage you to heed your call of duty. Combat in modern style your terror when travelling through future human cities and shooting your shadowgun, become the ultimate mobile frontline commando, killing countless like an android.
Best game ever!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!