[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - New Visas and Immigration SubForum

New Visas and Immigration SubForum

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
CanuckAbroadSite Admin
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

New Visas and Immigration SubForum

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Hello everyone!

I've created a subforum for all questions relating to all UK immigration and work visa issues here:

Please post all UK immigration and visa related questions in the new sub forum.

Thanks!
oohmercymeModerator

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:49 am

Cheers :D
bimboNew Member

Re: New Visas and Immigration SubForum

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am a Canadian living in the UK. My wife is a UK citizen. I am currently on a spousal visa that runs outs in September of this year. The problem is that my wife and I are going through a rough phase and she has advised that she wants a divorce. WE are going through counselling now. The issue is that I want to make the marriage work but of course if she is still seeking divorce in september, then i need to leave and go back to Canada. I am just wondering what my options are if i want to stay in the Uk for the interim to see if there is a way we can make the marriage work. If i leave and go back to Canada, the distance will make it hard to try to resolve things but I am unsure if she will apply for my residency in september without us resolving issues. and i dont want to stay back after my visa expires without having a visa.
Are there any options of staying back by getting another visa? The economy is bad now and the job i have only pays about £18K. i do work overtime which makes it around £24K but the overtime is not quoted as part of the basic pay....I know i have rambled a lot but i just want to know what my options are before it gets too late....
Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!