HMRC reporting funds in an RRIF

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
LondonboundNew Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

HMRC reporting funds in an RRIF

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:10 pm

So we have an RRSP and we plan to convert it to an RRIF as soon as we are resident in the UK. But my understanding is that the UK sees an RRSP as "transparent" and not tax-deferred. Does this mean I must make sure any funds within the RRIF are HMRC reporting-funds if I want to be taxed at capital gains rates rather than income tax rates? Does anyone know what HMRC reporting funds are available in Canada? The RRSP is at RBC.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest