I Need More Travel Insurance

For Canadians living / traveling in the UK
thegreatnorthNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:56 am

Does anyone know where I can purchase more travel insurance. I had a discount flight to London and was supposed to return yesterday. I will probabaly be staying at least 30 more days in the UK. My flight was a discount return flight (239 CDN) Toronto-London/London-Toronto and was not able to be changed. My travel insurance was purchased as part of my return ticket and could not be extended.

I tried purchasing some insurance with my bank (Scotia) back in Canada but they will not issue a "new" policy now that I am already here. I need to purchase at least 30 more days worth just in case anything should happen.

Does anyone know of somewhere that will sell a policy to a Canadian that is already here in the UK?
TigerleaSenior Member

Re: I Need More Travel Insurance

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:23 am

Have you tried CAA? I know you're in the UK, but you can probably call them up and find out, especially if you're a member. Most insurance companies won't insure you unless you're a resident.
monica.aguirreNew Member

Re: I Need More Travel Insurance

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 am

You can purchase out of country insurance as long as you are still covered by GHIP for the duration of your trip, and provided that you don't have any claims pending and are not planning on claiming. You can get in touch with Ingle International. They offer after departure medical travel insurance. There might be an extra fee because it is after departure.

Visit ingletravel.com for contact info
JoshuahibJunior Member

Post Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 am

We have several trips planned this year so I think Annual Travel Insurance will be the best bet for us.

Any recommendations or anything we need to look out for?
JoshuahibJunior Member

Post Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 am

We always buy it. My question is: what kind of coverage do you look for when purchasing travel insurance?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!