Transferred to US, Visa required for husband

Latest additions and features found here, and please make suggestions!
SASNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:07 am

Transferred to US, Visa required for husband

Post Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:49 am


I am being transferred to the US on a TN visa. My husband is a Electrical engineer who specializes in hardware and software development. My company will provide him with a spouse visa (TD), I believe. Initially my husband would like to perform some contracting services for a company located in Canada.
1. With this visa is it possible to be self employed as a Canadian in the US? If not, what type of visa is required.
2. I have read some blogs where software developers are not allowed entry on a TN visa. Would this apply in this case where my husband is an engineer? If so, what visa is required for entry?
3. When Canadians are applying for jobs within the US and physically living there, are there any visas that would attract a US company to hire you.


Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests