[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Trying to Obtain UK Passport

Trying to Obtain UK Passport

Latest additions and features found here, and please make suggestions!
nat61New Member

Re: new law removes 1961 cut off point

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 am

Form UKM on the ukba website
becca459New Member

Re:

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 pm

becca459New Member

Re: Trying to Obtain UK Passport

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:44 pm

aabMNew Member

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:32 am

Hi everyone

I'm trying to obtain information on how to apply for a UK passport for my dad. He has British Citizenship through naturalization (obtained before 1972 when he was still single) but has never really applied for his British passport. I tried going to the UK boarder agency website to find some helpful info but it's way too confusing. Anyone know where I should begin? Can he apply from Canada or does he have to got to England? If anyone can point me in the right direction or know which forms he needs to fill out, I would really appreciate it. Thanx
aabMNew Member

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

Its just for him, no other reason. I honestly didn't even know he was thinking about getting his British passport as he's lived in Canada for 42 years. I guess when someone gets older they reflect on things they could've done differently. his would be wishing he had applied for his British passport earlier. hmm, on second thought, if my dad were to get his British Passport could I apply for mine as well?
aabMNew Member

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 pm

a correction to my earlier request, my dad has an expired British passport through naturalisation but he's not sure how to apply for a new passport that also states his current marital status. passport expired in the early 80's
aabMNew Member

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:27 pm

Thank you E34619, sorry I didn't read all of your post.
brinanmNew Member

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi Guys,
I've got two scenarios that I need help figuring out. First; My dad's now retired and wants to renew his expired British passport. He is a Canadian Citizen so he has valid Canadian passport for travel, but he still wants a valid UK passport. What sort of documentation does he need to renew his passport? Can he go somewhere local to submit his application and pay fees in person? If he choose to go to London to renew his passport will they process it there while he's visiting his relatives? or does he have to mail it from here?

Second, My brother( also a Canadian Citizen but wasn't born in Canada) wants to live in the UK, can he qualify for a UK passport through our fathers citizenship? What sort of documentation does he need, other than the usual birth certificate and current passport info? I have printed out the overseas British Passport forms, but I want to make sure that I've got everything organized and ready for the both of them, with all the proper documentation, so that there aren't any delays.

I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now and decided to ask for some assistance on this discussion board. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx in advance

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!