Getting Married in Canada

Latest additions and features found here, and please make suggestions!
MBurkeNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Getting Married in Canada

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Hello, Im a Canadian Citizen, and my fiance is a British Citizen, he is currently living in England,UK. And im in Canada. We want to get married here in canada before our daughter is born. Im 5 months pregnant, expecting a little girl in June 2011. We want to get married in May. We have absolutely no idea on how to get started, including paper work. What do we BOTH have to do in order to get married here in Canada? PLEASE help, this is stressing me out! After we get married, we do want to end up living in the U.K. How do we start this off, and how long could it take? Thank you very much for you help!
Bigmomm1894New Member

Re: Getting Married in Canada

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Once you are married can they stay here or do you still have to pay all the money for the Visa?? My boyfriend and I already have 1 child shes 5 1/5. and I have a child that is not his. (we broke up for many years) We have gotten back together, and he would like to move here (he lives in UK me and Ontario) We would like to get married but he doesnt want to if he cant live her with us. But we cant afford the Visa and hate that they told him its a 8month to 3 year wait till they give you the answer.

any advice would help thanks
analialaNew Member

Re: Getting Married in Canada

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:50 am

Hi! I want to recommend Aruba as a perfect place to get married.

Aruba is the perfect paradise for your dream destination beach wedding. Our happy island sits in the crystal-blue waters of the South Caribbean, below the hurricane belt, and is home to year-round 82-degree weather, so you’re almost guaranteed a perfect day. Aruba is also home to world-class wedding professionals who can help you with all the details of your Aruba wedding.

You can choose an independent wedding planner or a planner from a hotel to handle everything—from hair and makeup, to flowers, cake and music. They have the contacts and island expertise to help tailor an Aruba wedding to your style and budget, and arrange services for guests with special needs.

To help make your trip to Aruba even better, your guests can use our Aruba Wedding Registry to prepay for dining, island excursions, car rentals and more.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!