Canadians in Denmark?

For Canadians living in and travelling to Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland
CourtttNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Canadians in Denmark?

Post Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:22 am

Hey All,

I'm a canadian living in Aalborg denmark and starting school in September. Anyone else from canada around here? Would love to chat w anyone who may have had the same language barriers or experiences.

I Miss Canadians!

Courtenay

24/f btw
magsee

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:18 pm

hi
Last edited by magsee on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichelLeipzigNew Member

Post Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:26 am

Hello,

I'd like to ask you about life in Aalborg. I had an offer from the University of Aalborg a while back, and turned it down then, but they left the door open and I'm reconsidering this option.

My wife is Japanese, but speaks good English and some German.

What do you do for Satellite television in English?
Is it otherwise feasible to get by without much Danish, at least in the short term?
I saw that movies are subtitled rather than dubbed. Still true, right?
What are income taxes like?
Is there a Danish equivalent of RRSPs?
How does the cost of living compare to Canada?
How bad does winter get?
What do people do for fun in Aalborg?

Cheers,

Michel
little_fishNew Member

Post Thu May 01, 2008 11:48 am

Hi Courtenay,

I just got accepted to Aalborg for September 2008. I'm still debating on if I should go or not. Anything you could tell me about Aalborg since you're already living there would be so helpful! I am really glad I found this website and read your message.

Thanks so much for your help. I am desperate for insight into the town since I don't know that much about it. It is a pretty big decision and I kind of feel like I going into it with my eyes closed.

Sincerely,

Darcy Thompson
leat124New Member

Re: Canadians in Denmark?

Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm

I've been going to Denmark for 4 years now for 3 months at a time. I just came back from getting married to a Dane, and I'm moving there after my paperwork is approved.

My husband lives in Norresundby, and works at the university. He'll soon have a PhD, and an assistant professorship:)
caviidkNew Member

Canadians in Denmark?

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 am

Hello,

I am Vietnamese who working in Denmark, I have my CPR card already and I want to come to Canada to visit my fiance, so I want to know is that possible for me a make a visitor visa faster more then if I am in my original country or not? How long it take to have a visitor visa and which documents should I prepare? and how much should I pay for that?
I only know that I have to go to London to apply for a visitor Visa but my applied has been refused twice by Canada embassy since I was in Vietnam, I am so worry, my relationship are really stressing because love each other but still apart because of papers

Thank you very much
madisonlilac28Junior Member

Re: Canadians in Denmark?

Post Mon May 14, 2012 6:40 am

If you want to enter Canada. You need to learn their language so that you can communicate verbally to the people there. If you have questions about visa and immigration issue. I recommend to you to find a lawyer that are expert in visa and immigration issue.

Canadian Visa

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!