[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - English Speaking Jobs in Germany?!?

English Speaking Jobs in Germany?!?

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
dannykoolSuper Member

Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 am

SIGINTNew Member

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:06 am

SIGINTNew Member

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:38 am

metalfan2405CanuckAbroad Regular

Post Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:17 am

wyattJunior Member

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:31 am

Judging from my experiences all I can add is that the material that the kids need to learn is provided, however the kids are not being taught, it is up to the kids themselves with the help of the parents to learn the material. There is a high proportion of immigrants in Germany who don’t speak the language well enough to be able to help their kids, combine that with native families where both parents are working and have no time or just don’t care and its receipt for disaster.
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:29 am

I'm sure a lot of it comes down to personal experience. I have a friend here who is german and when he moved to Canada he found the education system very easy. He felt he was doing grade 8 math in grade 11 in Canada.

Could it depend on the state in germany? I've heard similar experiences of students moving from one province to another where the education system is either more advanced, or easier.
ClapotiSenior Member

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:00 am

SIGINTNew Member

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:16 am

temiskamingNew Member

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Cdn
There is a web site: toy town germany
which may help. It offers a wide variety and it is geared to English speaking positions.
colingkNew Member

Re: English Speaking Jobs in Germany?!?

Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:50 am

Just stumbled across the site and the conversation re Racism. I have been living outside of Canada for 15 years now. First in the UK, then Germany shortly and now Dubai. If there is one thing I have learned is that no nation has a monopoly on Racism. It is everywhere and most everyone is racist to a degree. Some places more rather than less perhaps. (It is particularly bad here in Dubai where the notion that an entire race is inferior is not even questioned by large segments of the population). As much as I love Canada I encounterd more racism in Canada and the UK then I did in Germany.
If you are thinking about living abroad I would say that more to the question is do you find the culture and way of life (values, education, social structure) apealling to you and something you can live with. I enjoyed England, but found it frustrating. I found Germany great very enjoyable, eficient, good social structures, great public transport. I despise Dubai even more than Calgary (and thats from an Edmontonian).

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!