English Speaking Jobs in Germany?!?

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
ayakNew Member

Re: English Speaking Jobs in Germany?!?

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi,
I'm in Canada and I'm planning to move to Germany until I found this forum.

Well I have never been in Germany but I'm sure their education system is among the advanced one in the world. The reason, I'm saying this because they seam to be ahead of most people in the Technology as this has been my area of focus in the last decade. The ones who introduced "Organic Computing" to the world are Germans. So, all I can say possible the people who didn't like the German Educational system find it hard, or it is simply isolated case as there is no perfect system.

For the racism, I'm not sure about this because I know some people who live/work in Germany and I don't recall hear such thing from them. In addition Germany has been a land to foreigners coming from all part of the world for decades. Again, could be isolated cases.

Canada, has less experience with foreigners this is way there are some challenges in integrating foreigners in the workforce In another hand there are people who are working in developing and implementing policies that allows immigrants to be a integral part of Canadian society and this process will take some time.
nicewanNew Member

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:29 am

ayak wrote:Hi,

Well I have never been in Germany but I'm sure their education system is among the advanced one in the world. The reason, I'm saying this because they seam to be ahead of most people in the Technology as this has been my area of focus in the last decade. The ones who introduced "Organic Computing" to the world are Germans. So, all I can say possible the people who didn't like the German Educational system find it hard, or it is simply isolated case as there is no perfect system.

For the racism, I'm not sure about this because I know some people who live/work in Germany and I don't recall hear such thing from them. In addition Germany has been a land to foreigners coming from all part of the world for decades. Again, could be isolated cases.

Canada, has less experience with foreigners this is way there are some challenges in integrating foreigners in the workforce In another hand there are people who are working in developing and implementing policies that allows immigrants to be a integral part of Canadian society and this process will take some time.

Ayak- there is a problem with racism in Germany- any amount of racism is a problem, however I would say, particularly in Berlin, it is nowhere near as big a problem as in most American, British, French or other European cities.

The education system is fantastic, there are a lot of choices for youngsters and they don't all get shoehorned into the same system- those with less ability in certain subjects can get the chance to instead pick up a trade and excel in other areas.

The general rule in Berlin is that you'll probably earn less, but get more bang for your buck (depending on where in the UK you're coming from). The job market can be very tricky, but there is work available. .

The trick is to just get your head down and not be too picky. Once you've been employed once here it becomes a whole different ball game. And the lifestyle is fantastic if you're a young person. Cheap drinks, parties all night, liberal attitudes. I went through all this about a year ago, so if you've any more questions I might be able to answer them.
nicewanNew Member

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:54 am

nicewan wrote:
ayak wrote:Hi,

Ayak- there is a problem with racism in Germany- any amount of racism is a problem, however I would say, particularly in Berlin, it is nowhere near as big a problem as in most American, British, French or other European cities.

The education system is fantastic, there are a lot of choices for youngsters and they don't all get shoehorned into the same system- those with less ability in certain subjects can get the chance to instead pick up a trade and excel in other areas.

The general rule in Berlin is that you'll probably earn less, but get more bang for your buck (depending on where in the UK you're coming from). The job market can be very tricky, but there is work available. .

The trick is to just get your head down and not be too picky. Once you've been employed once here it becomes a whole different ball game. And the lifestyle is fantastic if you're a young person. Cheap drinks, parties all night, liberal attitudes. I went through all this about a year ago, so if you've any more questions I might be able to answer them.

Forgot to add, this lot I know to be hiring: https://www.blacklane.com/en/career

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!