Francfort ??

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
lisa_lisaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Francfort ??

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:02 am

Hi everybody,

I am not exactly Canadian, but love the culture and the country.
I am French, 23 years old and have a German boyfriend. I am now working since 3 weeks in Ascahhfenburg, near Frankfurt, but he is still doing his internship in Magdeburg (near Berlin) and should probably join me here in few months.

We have both studied one year in Waterloo University and we love this country !!

I would like to meet people here, and even more english speaking people !!
I do not speak much german .... my work is in english.

Lisa
chat noirJunior Member

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:23 pm

what part of France are you from? Je parle seulement un petit peu francais und leider nur ein bisschen deutsch.
You mentioned you are working - what type of work are you doing, with which company? Myself, i´m in the Rheinland-Pflaz.
do you like it in Germany? Is there a big difference in germany compared to France, other than the language?
lisa_lisaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 am

Hi,
My parents come from the Massif Central (near Lyon) and I lived there for many years.
Living in Germany is in a way quite similar than in France, but there are a lot of small habits I discover every day who are quite different: like the strict rules or the cold dinner ... (bread), I am not used !! or even for garbages selection ...

I am working in English in a video games company.
I just started 3 weeks ago and that s so easy for me to find a life here, without speaking much German. I would like to meet people !!!!

And what about you ??
chat noirJunior Member

hey

Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:46 am

I had some relatives that were living in Lyon, but i believe they moved to Paris. The father was placed there, but i forget which company he works for.
Video games - well that sounds like an awesome job - what kind of work are you performing? Programming? I wouldn`t have guessed that something like that would be in Frankfurt - whats it called? I used to love video games - but havent gotten into it for quite some time. My all time favorite was metroid - have you heard of it? Well, im not just some video game nut!
I find it quite difficult here in compared to canada - especially when i go out - the level of service provided here, or shall i say in this area, is below par. Everyone is basically treated like a big group of cows - theres no respect. I have trouble adjusting to that fact that you can verbally make a contract but if you want to cancel it, you have to do it in writing, to the head office - so forget that youre at the store, standing in front of a representative that is capable of doing it. It cant be done. Its quite different here, and i can certainly say that i appreciate canada a thousand times more.
Ive been here for a year now, can speak some german but am still finding it quite difficult to find work and meet people. Im 25 - how about you?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!