[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Bored in the Rheinland-Pflaz

Bored in the Rheinland-Pflaz

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
chat noirJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Bored in the Rheinland-Pflaz

Post Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:29 pm

anyone like me, stuck in a small village, having left behind family and friends back in Canada?
been here for a year and havent meet any fellow canadians - yet - but am dying to speak English, without having to speak like a robot! Gimme a shout if youre bored too!
chat noirJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:20 pm

:( i guess no one else is stuck in the boonies like me!
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:34 am

What's the closest big city to you?
chat noirJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:11 am

mannheim, heidleburg
CanuckAbroadSite Admin

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:40 am

I'm sure there's lots of Canadians, and definitely americans in Heidelberg. I've been there a few times and met many!

And some have posted on this board before. Have you spent any time in heidelberg yet?
lisa_lisaNew Member

Post Mon May 01, 2006 7:07 am

Hi,

I am stuck as well in Aschaffenburg, not so much happening and I have not meet so far many English speaking people.

You are not the only one at least !!!
mulbaJunior Member

Heidelberg

Post Fri May 05, 2006 11:09 am

scott2006New Member

Post Tue May 30, 2006 3:21 pm

Poor you! I know exactly how you feel.
We're stuck in a hillbilly town near Olpe - in Reichshof-Hespert.
In about 3 years we didn't meet any Canadians. In August we're going to relocate to the UK. I miss Canada so much. We hope everything works out and we're able to go home next year!?!

Good luck to you

Tarla
KootenaiNew Member

Bored too!

Post Wed May 31, 2006 9:58 am

Hi. I am not sure exactly where you are located but I can sympathize with you. Before my boyfriend moved to Dusseldrof I would go from Canada to his tiny village to visit him and I would sit and stare out the windows all day. Now that he is in Dussledorf it is not much better, though now I am living with him. I am waiting for my language course to start and I feel like a complete fish out of water. It is hard enough trying to make friends in Canada, forget it if you don't speak the language!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!