[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - jobs in germany

jobs in germany

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
ClaudiaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

jobs in germany

Post Tue May 30, 2006 10:33 am

adrenalinebunnyNew Member

there is hope!

Post Wed May 31, 2006 2:55 am

HI! I'm new to this forum, I moved to Germany just under 4 months ago from Montreal. It has not been easy! My fiance is German and I moved here because we were tired of being far apart.

Don't be discouraged! It's not easy to make this move but there are possibilities for your boyfriend. I am a nurse by profession and have received my equivalencies here, but since my German is nearly nothing, I can't work now as a nurse. Therefore, I came and received working visas as a freelance English teacher which I have been doing since I moved here. This is the easiest way to get in and start work. I had taken an on line course to teach English as a foreign language, but honestly, the need for teachers is so high that I would have gotten the job without it. If your boyfriend is a native speaker of English, he should try this.

I had come for a vacation at xmas and booked my interviews during that time. I got hired immediately. Try this, it will work! of course there is the issue of health insurance which can be expensive, when you work as a freelancer, the companies will not pay any part of your insurance, and he must have a good financial back up to prove that he could support himself for 6 months, about 6000 euros. but they might still give him the visa if you prove that you would support him if he cannot work.

Good luck!
adrenaline bunny! (Josee)
ClaudiaNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

thank u adreline!

Post Wed May 31, 2006 4:35 am

thank u! ur reply helped me a bit to feel better.i was really losing hope.do u think we can stay in contact via email, cause i have some more questions to you and maybe even my boyfriend could write you and ask you a couple of things. thank you once again.
claudia
adrenalinebunnyNew Member

Post Wed May 31, 2006 12:58 pm

sure no problem, but is there a way to do this without posting my email on this site? i would be glad to help. i know what it's like to be away from the one you love!
crowchukNew Member

teaching english freelance?

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:57 am

I am also planning to move in with my german girlfriend in Bonn NRW. I'm from Peterborough, ONT. Currently though I am working at Vodafone in Egypt. Anyhow, just hoping you could help me out, I wanted to ask how you were able to find a job there, cause thats my biggest fear. I am leaving quite a stable job here and kinda jumping into the abyss in Germany. I am fine with teaching English and have applied to many schools and English language centers but with no luck. Where did you go to find freelance jobs? I've applied online to over 30 jobs now, but with no luck. How did you do it? Do I have to be in Germany to start looking? Whats the deal? I'm really concerned and hope you can help me out.
EllenNew Member

Good teaching english organizations?

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi.teaching english was mentionned as a good option. Does anyone have an opinion on which organizations are good to deal with and which should be avoided?
EllenNew Member

Good teaching english organizations?

Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi.teaching english was mentionned as a good option. Does anyone have an opinion on which organizations are good to deal with and which should be avoided?
swed321New Member

Re: jobs in germany

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:47 am

Hej,

I there are lot of requirement for native English speakers in Germany. But now I don't where I saw those ads on internet, I forget the website.

But you can try in Google and other jobs websites.

1) (This is Germany government website)
2) (This is main for IT jobs)
3) (This Job Search engine in Germany)
4) (All kinds of Jobs)

and you can try some Jobs blogs.

5)

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!