Need advice regarding work permit/authorization in Frankfurt

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
dash951New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Need advice regarding work permit/authorization in Frankfurt

Post Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:57 am

Hi there,

I am a Canadian Citizen and I have just completed my Master's degree in London, UK and I have an internship offer from a consulting firm in Frankfurt, Germany.

Since I am in London at the moment, I know I have the option of flying to Germany and get a lease there after which I can register for the Anmeldebescheinigung (certificate of address registration). I know that I am also eligible to apply for a work authorisation after registering my address in Germany.

My first question is: how long can this process take? I ask because I have to start my internship by the second week of September.

My other option is to fly to Canada and apply for the "Youth Mobility Scheme" (which is relatively fast) but I was hoping to get around that process and get my situation sorted right now in Europe. On that note, in terms of Self-Employment, is it possible for a Canadian with a Youth Mobility Visa to apply for self-employment status?

If anyone has any idea about all this and could provide me with any form of feedback, I would highly appreciate it. If that's not enough, a few rounds of beers on me if I can get this sorted somehow

Best,
Dash
dash951New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Need advice regarding work permit/authorization in Frank

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:15 am

Hey ANGEMON84,
Thank you very much for your reply. Getting the process started in a week or so, lets see what happens. If I head to Cologne anytime soon, I won't forget the keg :)

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!