[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Canadian in Ulm, Baden-Würtemberg

Canadian in Ulm, Baden-Würtemberg

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
MarNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Canadian in Ulm, Baden-Würtemberg

Post Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:39 pm

I recently moved to Germany to connect with my Love in Ulm. Life is good, but I am finding it difficult to meet people and make friendships here. Maybe this site will connect me with Canadians who are living in my area. I am 26 y/o and working as a teacher.
MannyCamannyNew Member

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:10 pm

Hello, I am from London, Ontario.

right now learning German in Bamberg, Bavaria, so you are not the only Canadian in the region :)
Sarah87New Member

Post Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:34 am

HamardeNew Member

Thinking of moving to Ulm for work

Post Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:20 am

Hi,

My family and I (wife and 2 young kids) are planning to move to Ulm for work - relocation from the company for a 3 year mandate- and I was wondering how live is over there. By the way, I'm 35 and my wife is 32.

I've visited Ulm for business a couple of times but the idea of moving there seems to trouble my wife more than me.

Any hints or re-assurance I could transmit to her? Kids are 8 months and 3 years old. I'll be working and my wife will be staying home

We are both bilingual - French and English and I can manage in German to get around and to order beer :P

We are from Montreal, Quebec and I see this as a great opportunity.

Thank you in advance or your responses.
MissMyButtertartsNew Member

Post Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:03 am

Hi all, I'm originally from Baie Comeau, Quebec, but I spent most of my adult life living in St. Catharines Ontario. Now I've married a German (from Bamberg!) and we're living in Stuttgart, been here for 4 years now. I've got lots of info about living here, if you're interested just send a PM.
giannimapleleafNew Member

Hey Fellow Canadian

Post Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:22 pm

Hey,
How are you? I just arrived in the ULM area (weissenhorn) about 15 minutes away. Great to see other Canadians over here. I have been back forth in europe for 4 years now. Good to run into fellow Canadians.
I have been to Ulm a couple times, Neat city, pretty good night life.
I was wondering though is there any good Pubs? Beer Gardens? Also any off the beaten track places?
let me know any info will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks
Gianni
rosswagCanuckAbroad Regular

Hello from Stuttgart

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:34 am

:lol: I am originally from Ontario and live for 9 years in the Stuttgart area.
Would love to hear from more Canadians !

Take Care Eh,
Ross
roswag@hotmail.com
Sundar1New Member

Re: Thinking of moving to Ulm for work

Post Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:56 am

hello montrealers, being new on this site i just stumbled over your note and wonder how your plans are going. you have a great opportunity ahead of you and should strive to make the best of it. it's all a matter of attitude.
we live in stuttgart, 30 min from ulm by train. for big city people ulm will be a change but also smaller german cities tend to be very "urban" and offer most things canadians like.
as to your wife, she'll wonder about the kids. it should be possible to put at least the older one into kindergarten- the kid will speak german within a year! german cities are safe, especially the size of ulm. join a sports club, apart from meeting other parents it's the best way to make friends. and remember, being canadian is an asset all over the world.
we have 3 kids and know all about life in germany. if your wife has questions or worries, tell her to ask.
rosswagCanuckAbroad Regular

Merry Christmas

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:42 am

isaac7801New Member

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:01 am

hello my name is isaac i am from ontario 2 hrs n of toronto just looking for fellow canadians to chat with i curently live in between köln and bonn

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!