Help with Germany Youth Mobility Agreement

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
jfernyNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am

Help with Germany Youth Mobility Agreement

Post Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:04 am

Hello All,

I was wondering if you could help me out with some information regarding an application to the German Youth Mobility Agreement between Canada and Germany.

I currently live in the UK and am studying in London. However, I may have the opportunity at an internship in Germany (starting in September). However, my classes/school ends in September. As such I contacted the German offices here in London, and they were unable to issue a YMA for Canadians, expressing that I should do this from Canada. As it may not be feasible (nor cost-effective) to travel back to Canada from the UK just to have this done, I was wondering if there is a way to work around this?

Can I go to Germany without the Visa and apply for the YMA there ie, can they do YMA's for Canadians in Germany? Is this allowed? Where would I need to go to have this done? And what documents should I have with me?

I also saw that you can apply for a YMA from Canada by post. As I would prefer to the first option, I would not be against this option as a last resort. They said they can issue the YMA for the first three months, after which I would need to contact the local offices in Germany to have it extended. Any information on this?

Thanks All!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,

xjinqsNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:06 am

Re: Help with Germany Youth Mobility Agreement

Post Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:31 am

Hi jferny,

I was wondering if you had any luck getting the YMA processed once you arrived in Germany? I'm currently in the same boat and wondering if it's a MUST it return to Canada, if I can apply once I arrive or do it via post?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest