[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - Let's Start a "Cafe Network" Group in Frankfurt!

Let's Start a "Cafe Network" Group in Frankfurt!

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
df.euNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Let's Start a "Cafe Network" Group in Frankfurt!

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:30 pm

It's starting to get a tad bit chilly, Eh?

Hello Canadians in Germany and in particular, here in Frankfurt! I just moved to Frankfurt am Main from Houston, TX . but honest, I swear I AM Canadian! I grew up in Toronto and left in '96 to take on a nursing contract in TX. Anyway .

I am just sick and tired of sitting around waiting for my Work Permit to get approved, which I hope will be soon. I arrived here in May and it's been an interesting 6 months to say the least.

I want to start a Cafe Network with you. What is a Cafe Network? Well, let's make it up as we go along.

Basically, we meet at different Cafe's around Frankfurt, say, twice a month to start (?) and then take it from there. Even if you do not drink Coffee, I prefer Tea actually and know of some nice tea spots, it would still be a great idea to meet twice a month (for starters) and get together to shoot the breeze, connect with other Canadians, and discuss what life has been like for us here in Germany and what we miss about Canada.

So what do you say?

If you are interested in this PLEASE email me and once I get even ONE response, I will create a website where we can all log into and have a listing of Cafe's in Frankfurt that would be suitable. I think it will be really fun and actually, would be a great way of networking.

Winter is coming and that means Christmas and I wouldn't even want to imagine how lonely the Christmas holidays may be for some people here. Let's start a friendship ring NOW and then when the holidays hit - we'll have plenty of support for one another.

You can contact me at:
Email: df[dot]europe[at]gmail[dot]com
Mobile: 01577 422 00 00

I live in Bockenheim for any of you that live in the area. Come on! Don't just sit around like me. Email me OR call me and let's get the party started. I am low on funds so trust me, this will all need to be relatively cheap - until we all get jobs here, anyway!

Ciao,
df.eu
df.euNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:04 am

YAY. so far we have had 4 people respond to this post. 2 currently live in or near Frankfurt, one is on her way and the other wanted to join but does not live near the area :( .

I encourage anyone in or near the Frankfurt area to come and join our Cafe Network. It would be a great chance for Canadians who live in or near Frankfurt to establish a Network of Canucks who live in our area for purposes of "gabbing in ENGLISH, b*tching in ENGLISH, telling jokes in ENGLISH, and basically conversing in ENGLISH without the fear or embarrassment or being misunderstood, offending someone, or totally sounding dumb.

If you have experienced any of these feelings or situations - then THIS GROUP is for you!

So come on, contact me and let's all meet up with the rest of the GANG.
sonyakalyniakNew Member

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:23 am

Hello
I will be moving to Frankfurt in Feb 2008 and would love a Candian coffee night. Hopefully it will be happening by the time I arrive. If anyone has tips on the working holiday visa please let me know.
Cheers
Sonya
vancouvercanadianNew Member

hi

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:28 am

This all sounds great i wish i was closer, bigger cities do have advantages. Too bad i am all the way in Erfurt.
Kind Regards,
Jennifer
snow_angelJunior Member

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:32 am

AndreasSchmidtNew Member

Re: Let's Start a "Cafe Network" Group in Frankfurt!

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 am

Hey you guys. Does your cafe network still exist?

Me and my girlfriend are germans who spent the last year in canada and we would really appreciate staying in touch with canadians.

If you still meet and accept the attendance from german fellows please let me know!

Best regards Andreas and Kathrin

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!