Does Anyone Have Anything To Say About Kiel!?!?

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
OntarioGuy26New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Does Anyone Have Anything To Say About Kiel!?!?

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm

So I am thinking that my final destination is going to be Kiel. My gf is going to be going to school there, which involves getting an apartment and such. Any idea what the city is like? I know it is on the Baltic sea and there's around 250,000 or so people (alittle crowded) I am a Canadian moving to a foreign country. Any help to know what I am walking into would be awesome.
CapergirlNew Member

Re: Does Anyone Have Anything To Say About Kiel!?!?

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:01 am

Hey Ontarioguy,
Did you get to Kiel yet? If not, Kiel is a really nice place. There is lots to do, the bar scene is pretty good, the public transportation is great. The are some good places to live, but of course since it is kind of big, there are alot of shady places too. If you haven't gotten here yet and want to know more, let me know. I live 20 min. from Kiel, but spend alot of time there. Good luck.
PseudoSeriousNew Member

Re: Does Anyone Have Anything To Say About Kiel!?!?

Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Hey,
Ive been in Kiel for 2 months, planning on staying for another 10. The city is very nice, very clean, very friendly. I feel safe walking home (I live on the main street) by myself, even super late at night. There isn't always alot to do, but there are festivals and random things, and of course, it is close to Hamburg. I've found the club/bar scene is pretty good. Public transportation is pretty good, there are no trains or subways or anything, but you really dont need it as its not that big. If you like sailing, Ive been told its amazing, but I really dont know personally. The beaches are quite lovely, and thats about all I know. If I can help with any more questions, let me know!!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!