Work-permit for engineering/science jobs

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
THKDNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Work-permit for engineering/science jobs

Post Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm

I have just finished a bachelor's degree in mech. engineering, and I'd like to try my luck in Germany for 4-5 years. I've found some interesting job-listing that are a good fit for me (note that all are jobs that require good working knowledge of English). I'm going to apply soon, but I'm anxious and would appreciate any information regarding the following:

If I understand correctly, the order of preference is 1) Germans 2) EU 3) everyone else. My question is -- how difficult is it to get a work permit for engineering fields. Would it be virtually impossible for a competent applicant to get a visa, or is it just a formality? Also, are German employers eager to hire foreigners?
Drek123New Member

Re: Work-permit for engineering/science jobs

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:42 am

Hey

I have the same questions to ask aswell. Really well put. I am also and electronics Engineer and would like to go work in Germany. Hopefully someone on here is in or has been in the same situation and will answer our question.

I also want to add that I have sent an email to the Landratsamt in the city where I would like to go and asked them the same question. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon and I will share it on here.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!