Can I get my pension money refunded?

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
steve3New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Can I get my pension money refunded?

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:14 am

Hi everybody,

I worked in Germany for three years and just moved back to Canada. While I was working in Germany I payed quite a lot of money for social security money.. Can I get that money back, or do I have to wait until I get old?

Thanks for any answers
ryan45New Member

Re: Can I get my pension money refunded?

Post Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:31 am

I got help from rohdewald-consulting. They helped me get my pension contributions back. You have to be outside of Germany for 2 years though, before you can get apply for the refund. And you also only get the "Arbeitnehmeranteil" of the pension contribution.. But you get the money now, and the way the pension system looks it´s much better than waiting until you are 62..
slothNew Member

Re: Can I get my pension money refunded?

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:46 am

Citizens of Canada can get back their contributions to the German pension fund, if:

-they paid less than 60 months contributions to the German pension fund
-they are currently not living in the EU
-the last time they were insured in the German pension fund is more than 24 calendar months ago

In order to apply for a refund, you have to fill the form V901 (it is in English language!!!), available at the website of the Deutsche Rentenversicherung

OR you find also a link on my website,
german-tax-back.com
where you click on Refund of pension insurance contributions, I have collected there some useful information relating to refund of pension contributions.

But please don't waste money for consulting agencies, in general it is possible to do it by your own.

Hope that I could help you a little bit...

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!