Looking for canadian people in Frankfurt and surroundings

For Canadians traveling or living in Germany
AndreasSchmidtNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Looking for canadian people in Frankfurt and surroundings

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:38 am

Hi there! Me (24) and my girlfriend (25) spent the last year in canada and now we are back to Frankfurt. Actually we live in Egelsbach which is just a few minutes from Frankfurt.
We would really like to meet with canadians here, since our time in canada was such a great experience.
We got pretty fluent in english within the last year and would like to keep our english skills. Maybe we could meet somewhere and enjoy some time and coffee or beer together.

Best regards Andreas
AngeYarkieNew Member

Re: Looking for canadian people in Frankfurt and surrounding

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

Me (20) and my fiancé (21) are currently applying for visas for a long stay in Germany. Which is both exciting and a bit nerve wracking - because my german is so terrible, haha :P . We'll be living in Frankfurt during our time there! We would be thrilled to have someone to speak with (especially in the first few weeks)!

Cheers,
Angela
AmandaLynnHNew Member

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey there,
My boyfriend (28) moved to Frankfurt a couple weeks ago, and I'll (24) be coming to visit him for a month in a couple weeks, and if all goes well will more permenantly in the New Year. Anyway, it would be great to get to know some people from Canada to help with the home sickness, and as you put it Angela, to speak with!
Best wishes,
Amanda
jo.arsNew Member

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:26 am

Eh!
I live in Frankfurt for a year now, I'm 23 year old and my BF (German) is 27. I come from Canada, Quebec city. I would love to meet fellow Canadians, it really did not happen a lot to me in the last year!

It will be a pleasure to meet you!

Jo
mountain bikeNew Member

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:58 am

Hello there! I am a "veteran" having been in Germany now for 16 years....here some links that might be of interest : www.dkg-online.de the German Canadian Association in Germany. And www.aqa-online.de the association of quebecers living in Germany. And also www.newcomers-network.de . I personally live between Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. Welcome and good luck and do not hesitate if you have questions. I will do my best to assist you! Cheers, Dan
AmandaLynnHNew Member

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:09 am

Thank you for the links Dan!

Where about in Frankfurt are you Jo? I'm over in Schwanheim. I just arrived on Monday. It's a bit of an adjustment, especially since I don't speak German. But the city is pretty nice!
MelissaJoNew Member

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 am

Hi! I live in a small village about 25 mins by train to Frankfurt. I have been here now for 2 months but haven't been able to meet any friends yet because a) I cannot speak German, and b) the village I live in is pretty small. I am 23 and am working as an au pair so I have most weekends off. I would be interested in taking the train to Frankfurt to meet up for a coffee or beers on a Saturday or Sunday.
Tschüss!
Melissa
DrissNew Member

Post Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Hi Melissa,

I'll be in Frankfurt from Nov. 9th to Nov. 13th. I have a couple of business meetings on the 9th and 10th but will be free on the 11th and 12th (Friday & Saturday). I'll be in the Frankfurt Marriott hotel on Hamburger Allee 2. I was wondering if you'd be interested in having a coffee or a drink or just chill around and discover the city (I'll have a rental car which might be helpful). I am from Ottawa. If interested drop me a line driss98 yahoo com.
Drita13New Member

Post Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:18 am

Hi,
are there any American people in Germany.I am in a desperate need of a job...you guess it...Don't speak German...looking for at least an Air force Base or anything that hires civilians.I would take a job anywhere in Germany that could help me survive.Please any information on this?! As of now I live in Brakel but need to find a job till the end of the month or I have to leave Germany... but there is another problem...do not have a place where to go...please, if anybody has any information for me I would appreciate you. :P :D
SilkeNew Member

Post Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi all!
Just arrived from Canada this week and I'm staying in Egelsbach for the next little bit. Anyone still interested in meeting up for a coffee or another drink of some kind? Send me an email at [email protected], I'd love to get to know some fellow Canadians around the city!

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!