[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - how can i find Canadians in Moscow?

how can i find Canadians in Moscow?

If you're planning to travel to Russia or the Ukraine, or you're an expat living there - this is the place to chat!
Liza
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:06 am

Hello!!!
i know my question may sound very strange since i live in Moscow... but... i was trying to find Canadians here in Moscow and no luck... u know it may be easier for u, Canadians, to find people from Canada somewhere abroad... (and it was easier for me to find Russians when i was in Canada... ;-))
so if anyone has ever been to Moscow and knows where Canadians meet...or something like that... i'll be very grateful!!! ;-))
by the way one of my Canadian friends, who came to study Russian at MSU (he lives in Toronto) advised me to go to hockey game...
any other suggestions???
best regards for everyone!!!
Liza
;-)
Liza
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Just wanted to share something with you ;)

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:01 am

NJMoreNew Member

Post Sun May 20, 2007 8:38 am

Hi there

Don't know if you got an answer to this already.

You can go to the Canadian Embassy on Friday nights for Canadian beer and burgers as long as you can produce a Canadian passport. Or you can join the Canadian Business in Moscow organization (may have forgot the name exactly, but the embassy can tell you). Or play baseball (mixed) with the Embassy team. Or play broom ball (both men's and women's teams) in the winter. At any rate, there is a very active Canadian community which you can contact simply by registering at the embassy. Hangouts are the usual expat places; used to be the Starlight Diner, or the American Bar and Grill, or the Boarhouse (Doug is Canadian). Good luck. it is a great city.
ybelovNew Member

Re: how can i find Canadians in Moscow?

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks for your reply. I am also a Canadian (actually Quebecer, and of Russian origin) living temporarily near Moscow and looking for friends.
Racaille de VenusNew Member

Post Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Hey Guys!

I am Russian student in Moscow fond of meeting new people of different origins and backgrounds. I see this forum is not too active. Little posts, but huge amount of views. How about we hang out together? (to those who like real communication rather than stupid posts)

Just drop me a line and we'll think what we can organize depending on how much responses I get. We all want to have a mass Canadian fun right? Do not hesitate then.

Couple of words about me. I finish uni this year and go to investment banking. Like hip-hop dance, do some surf, speak French and Dutch. Allez les quebeqois de souche, ou etes vous les caribous!

Cheers,

Venera
ate_the_paintNew Member

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:54 pm

It's strange, because I was wondering the the same thing! I was certain that I was the only Canadian in Moscow!

I went to the Canadian embassy two weeks ago and everyone who worked there, even in consular services, was Russian, so I came to the conclusion that I was actually the only Canadian in Russia. It's good to see that there are at least 2 others in Moscow!

Please tell me more about this burger and beer thing at the embassy...
DinaraNew Member

Post Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 am

Hi everyone! I want to find Canadians friends. I speek French, and English too. I live in Moscow.
:)
IgorSilverNew Member

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 am

salashkarNew Member

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:15 pm

:) make that Five Canadians....
would give anything for a Tim Hortens med. dbl. dbl....:)
cheers
LanaCNDNew Member

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:59 am

I came to Moscow 1 month ago and looking for Canadians in Moscow. Do you know where I can meet them?Thank you

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!