ESL Job Prospects in Kiev

If you're planning to travel to Russia or the Ukraine, or you're an expat living there - this is the place to chat!
ate_the_paintNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

ESL Job Prospects in Kiev

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 am

Happy New Year to everyone!

Does anybody know how the ESL industry in Kiev is faring right now? Many schools in Russia have implemented a hiring freeze until the economy settles down, and I suspect schools in the Ukraine are doing the same....
Teachme2008New Member

Re: ESL Job Prospects in Kiev

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:58 pm

:(
Sorry dude. You hit the nail on the head. I've heard a hiring freeze until the economy starts up again. In about a year or two I'm guessing.
Good luck anyways!
Cheers
chasdapperJunior Member

Re: ESL Job Prospects in Kiev

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:56 am

Any luck on the job hunt? I heard there were good prospects in the hospitality industry in preparation for next year's European Soccer Championships. A lot of work needs to be done as during my last visit there were not even any sings in Western script at Kiev Train Station. Even the girl at the information desk didn't speak a word of English and just started shouting and pointing. Eventually I had to get a passer-by who spoke some English to help out. But I'm thinking of going back and working as a tour guide for the tournament.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!