Providing services from Canada to American in America

If we travel or live abroad, we usually come back to visit right? Here's a the place to meet other "re-pats" and Canadians who have returned.
Canadian guyNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:35 am

Providing services from Canada to American in America

Post Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:47 am

Hi everyone,

I wish to provide consulting services to American businesses located in America. I would provide all my services to them remotely from Canada.

Does anyone here have any experience with this? I need to know how taxes for that work, both income taxes and sales taxes. I've been doing research online but it's confusing trying to determine a clear answer.

Cronos CanadaNew Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 am

Re: Providing services from Canada to American in America

Post Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:26 am

My Canadian based company Cronos Payroll Services can certainly help you on the tax side of things by being the legal Canadian co-employment partner for the US company wishing to hire you to work in Canada. We effectively become the Employer of Record for you (the Canadian worker) and then contract your services back to the US company as our client. As your legal employer in Canada, your US wages would be routed through our company where we would make all the proper income tax deductions, CPP and EI contributions to CRA, remit mandatory worker compensation premiums (i.e. WSIB, WCB, Worksafe BC, Workplace NL), and issue you an annual T4 as any Canadian employer would do. We have been providing this service for years to US based companies who want to hire Canadians to work in Canada, but do not want to establish a legal presence here. We also have one of the lowest rates in the industry which is paid by the US company wanting to employ you. Please contact me at (604) 200-4817 ext 29 or doug @ teamcronos. com for more details.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest