TN holder also working in Canada with non-TN US clients

All questions and topics related to US work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
apinriseNew Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:19 am

TN holder also working in Canada with non-TN US clients

Post Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:38 am

Hey all, I imagine the subject is a little confusing but here is the situation:

I work in the US part-time, living here most of the year (I think enough to quality me as a Resident).

I have two current TN permits here for two part-time contracts. I also work in Canada, sometimes remotely while I'm in the US (database programming). When I'm back in Canada, I also do work for US clients. I don't do that work when I'm in the US and I don't have TN permits for that other work.

What do I do for taxes? How do I claim the US client income I receive while I'm living in Canada? If I have TN permits for other clients with whom I work while I am in the US, does that complicate the work I do for the other US clients when I'm in Canada?


Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests