Complicated visa situation!

All questions and topics related to UK work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
Chappo1New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Complicated visa situation!

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:51 am

Here is a background of our not so simple life haha!

My wife, Janelle, is Canadian citizen and I am British citizen with a permanent residence visa to reside in Canada. We currently live in Canada but are looking to re-locate back to England.
We were married in 2011 and have been together since 2005.
We have a two year old daughter, Mason, who was born in England and holds a British passport.
We have recently just found out that we a going to be having our second child that is due on May 15th 2016.

From what we understand my wife would need to complete the 'apply to join family living in the U.K, accompanied by the financial requirement form.' But this I am not certain on as I the British citizen currently reside in Canada.

Another of our biggest questions is the financial requirement document. Is the financial requirements based on myself the British citizen or is it based on my wife the Canadian citizen? Or both?
Also who does our daughter fall under for the increased threshold requirement? Is it myself because she was born in England and is a British citizen?

Another big hurdle for us is that I am currently off work being paid by my private benefits as I obtained a knee injury and am waiting for surgery. Will they consider the salary I was on before the injury as I will be able to return to the same line of work after my surgery is complete? Or is there any exceptions for disability within the financial requirements?

As I'm sure most immigration cases are, we are not quite a straight forward application. We thank you in advance for your time and any guidance you can provide us with.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!