WHM visa holder applying for Tier 2 work visa

All questions and topics related to UK work visas, immigration, etc should be posted here.
MysticWolfNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm

I am currently living and working in the UK, London to be specific under my WHM visa that I got in April 2008. I've been working for about 8 months and my employer has expressed interest in continuing my employment past the 12 months that I am allowed to work. Everything on my employers end is currently in the process of being worked out which leaves me to begin sorting the things on my end. It seems from what I can gather that I need to fly back to Canada, make my application there and wait for the results, simple enough. My issue is that I have two dogs here in London that I brought over with me when I came here last year. The thought of flying them back to Canada for a few weeks then back over here is something that doesn't sit well for me since it is a process that is just stressful and not something I wish to repeat until I move back to Canada on a more permanent basis. What I am wondering now is if it is at all possible for me to rush my application. The information available on this is dodgy and not very clear. I would be able to leave my dogs for two weeks at the maximum while I am in Canada making my application. The friend I live with has already committed to being able to look after them. Past that time though it is not realistic for me to not be here. Given that it can take 6 weeks to get an answer on the application of the visa I feel quite stuck.

Has anyone applied for this visa in the past and if so, how long did the application take once all documents and biometric info were submitted to worldbridge? I know for my WHM visa the time was about 4 days from when I submitted my info and got my Visa. I am hoping it will be very similar for this visa but have no idea if that would be the case. Any information or experiences people have had would be appreciated.

Cheers,

MW/Jeff
JoanneSuper Member

Re: WHM visa holder applying for Tier 2 work visa

Post Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:30 pm

the processing times are on this document:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... scustomers
KennethMyncNew Member

Post Mon May 04, 2015 2:43 pm

If you work 6 months in Korea on a tourist visa and no-one catches you, is it still illegal?
KennethMyncNew Member

Post Wed May 13, 2015 1:49 am

Is it the schools reponsibility to teach children about real-life experiences or should this be left only to the parents?
igooGakNew Member

Post Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:17 am

Hello everyone. First time poster here. I need some advice please.

I will be entering Thailand shortly on a 30 day landing visa as I will be staying only 26 days. Then I will leave for three days to Japan and then return to Thailand for 7 weeks. I wont have enough time to get a 60 day tourist visa in those three days I will be far from the Embassy in Tokyo and the consulate in Osaka. Can I get a 60 day tourist visa before my first entry and use it on my second? Like, keep it in reserve? Or, do I have to use it on my first entry? Anyone done this? Any help appreciated. Thanks...
WinfordenNew Member

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:03 am

Hello

A couple of odd bits that Ive got

A new N/S Visa / C-15 headlight for 25 pounds

and from where this came from I have no idea a Visa L, Super E and GT owners handbook, for Visas with PRN dash controls, for 5 pounds inc post.

01634 849609 or pm

thanks
Philippe
MarusyaHitNew Member

Post Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:33 pm

I did apply in Japan because applying in Taiwan requires 10 or something days to get the document without exit. Just brought my work certificate and passport at the Taiwan embassy and next day it was ready.
JoshuahibJunior Member

Post Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:03 am

What if you are already a US tourist visa holder and wish to work in the US legally in the future, will your applying for an H1B visa affect your current toursit visa or not?
Say, in the process of applying for the H1B visa, will they cancel your tourist visa or sort of put it on hold?
Will you be allowed to travel to the US using your tourist visa if you have an application for an H1B visa pending at the embassy?
I would appreciate inputs to these questions. Thanks - wendy
AnnaDuekJunior Member

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:27 am

I am Australian here on a 30 day visa free pass and I‘m in the process of securing my work permit.

I understand I need to leave the country to get a resident visa and Ive booked a trip to the Phiippines but my question is what is the process for applying in the Philippines. How long will it take? What do I need to bring and how much will it be?

Thanks
MariElJunior Member

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:16 pm

do i need to book a date to apply for applying visa? i have got letter sent from ecfmg.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!