Canadian living in Wales needs help to get another visa

For anyone living or traveling in Wales
juliethereseNew Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Canadian living in Wales needs help to get another visa

Post Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Hello everyone,
I moved to Wrexham in North Wales a year and a half ago on a Tier 5 Student Visa. I initially was going to work in Manchester as a supply teacher with a Teaching Agency that I joined in Canada. That didn't work out so well, so I decided to move in with my partner in Wrexham and join a local teaching agency. I have had pretty steady work as a supply teacher and supply TA in the area but have not got anything permanent. I might have a permanent job lined up for next year as a TA working with Autistic students in High School but they can't offer me a job without holding a valid Visa for next year. Now that my Visa runs out in August I am trying desperately to find a way to say.
I have looked on the Boarder Agency website but I am still a little confused about the Visas that are there. I am assuming that I would have to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa but I can't qualify for it according to their point system. Is there anyone that I can call or contact to help me out? Would anyone know or have any suggestions on how I can get another Visa so I can stay in the UK?
karendivortyNew Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 pm
Location: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Re: Canadian living in Wales needs help to get another visa

Post Tue May 01, 2012 6:36 am

Do you have any ancestry in the UK? That is how I got mine. If your parents or grandparents were born in the country you will qualify. If not you might want to get some advice from the visa people, they probably know what you are able to apply for.

Good Luck!


Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests