Food, etc. to ship to Wales

For anyone living or traveling in Wales
dkl81New Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Food, etc. to ship to Wales

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am

Hi there,

We're a family of three preparing for our move from Quebec to Wales in about a month. We are sending a large shipping container by sea and I'd like to add a few items that may be hard to find (or expensive) in Wales. We'll be including lots of maple syrup of course. ;-)

I've heard peanut butter isn't easy to come by and neither is good stick deodorant. What would you ship from Canada? If peanut butter isn't everywhere, what about almond butter, etc?

Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you!!
karendivortyNew Member

Re: Food, etc. to ship to Wales

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:10 am

Most female deodorant is roll-on or spray. However, I have noticed in certain shops here that Dove has a stick deodorant. Honestly, bring some with you if you are fussed. :)
juliethereseNew Member

Re: Food, etc. to ship to Wales

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:29 am

Hello,

I moved to Wales about a year and a half ago and I found that it was hard to part with some stuff back home. I lived in Toronto but my family is from Quebec.
They do have Skippy peanut butter in some of the big super markets like Sainsbury's and Asda. They do carry natural peanut butter in every store if you like that. They have maple syrup but nothing is like the stuff you get back home. I get someone to bring me some everytime!!
You can get almond butter no problem.
They have normal deoderant as well and well known brands like Dove and Sure. They don't have Secret though.
I would ship some of the stuff you really love and know that it is Canadian. You can also order stuff online but it cost a forture. There is a shop in London, The Canada Shop, that has stuff you can order like Aunt Gemima, Lays chips, peanut butter and all kinds of stuff.

Good Luck!
Julie

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!