Canadians in Rome

For anyone living or traveling in Italy
CarolynnNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Canadians in Rome

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:48 am

Canadians living and working in Rome, Italy??!! Maybe just me... 23 years old.
Sarah1983CanuckAbroad Regular

Re: Canadians in Rome

Post Sun May 24, 2009 12:50 pm

not me..but i have dual citizenship. what are you doing in rome?
yodadogNew Member

Post Sun May 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi...are you on a work visa? Im 38 and am looking to move to Italy to work for a year, but not sure on the ability to work legally...any ideas?

Im initially heading there for a 5 week holiday, although would really like to work and live in Italy somewhere...so very loose plans..
AllyssaSuper Member

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 pm

In Rome you're bound to find other Canadians -- maybe not so many living there, but tourists are everywhere.
Enjoy:)
Allyssa
frgregorioNew Member

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:06 pm

well, I am not Canadian but I believe that I almost am. I love Canada, the quality of life and the people of course. I work and live in Rome for the time being though which sucks. Oh I used to work with the Canadian embassy and my boyfriend's Canadian too. In fact, I was just in Toronto and flew back to Rome tonight.

So, anything for Canada Day?
RomebonaNew Member

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 am

Hello All,

I'm an Italo canadaian holding dual citizenship in both Canada and Italy (I was born to Italian parents in Toronto and obtained italian citizenship in 2007). I moved to Italy in 2007 and am currently working and living in Rome.
I have a querie though: What do I do about my income taxes? How do i file? and am I subject to dual taxation? I have no idea how this stuff works -help! I don't want to get audited!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Romebona

Hello again,

This is for yodadog: To be able to legally work in Italy you need to have a type of work visa which in Italy is called a "Permesso di soggiorno" whch basically is a permit allowing you to stay and work in the country. To obtain this though you need to have some one or an employer who will sponsor you definitivly. This however is hard to find, one good thing though since Italy is corrupt you can find a ton of jobs teaching english where they pay you under the table and most rentals don't have a contract to it's kind of easy to be an illegal alien in Italy.
Good luck with your stay, Rome is just lovely -I guess thats why I chose to live here!

Cheers!
Romebona
KStavesNew Member

Post Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there are any other Canadians in Rome. Or is there some kind of group or meetup for Canadians in Rome?

Thanks
Kathleen
Lucy B.Junior Member

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:15 am

Well, this thread is getting rather old, but I'll try anyway. I'm moving to Rome at the end of this summer (which means really soon!). Any Canadians there?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!