Geneva or Zurich??

For anyone living or traveling in Switzerland
jeffgNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Geneva or Zurich??

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi everyone, I`m a Canadian social worker and am interested in moving to either Geneva or Zurich. I have a masters degree in social work and am currently working in the UK. I`m also a dual EU-Canadian citizen. Would anyone know where I would be able to work with families and youth as a social worker in either Geneva or Zurich?
RaviAutoJunior Member

Re: Geneva or Zurich??

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:37 am

jeffg wrote:Hi everyone, I`m a Canadian social worker and am interested in moving to either Geneva or Zurich. I have a masters degree in social work and am currently working in the UK. I`m also a dual EU-Canadian citizen. Would anyone know where I would be able to work with families and youth as a social worker in either Geneva or Zurich?

I would like to work in Geneva.....
Liam88New Member

Re: Geneva or Zurich??

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:15 am

Hi jeffg,

I hope this issue is still relevant to you. The choice of your working place also depends on your language skills - Zurich is situated in the German-speaking part of Switzerland, Geneva in the part which is speaking French. Which of the both languages do you speak better? However, I think it is a good decision to move to Switzerland. In opposition to the rest of Europe, their economy is still pretty well. An addition: Zurich is one of the most expensive cities of the world (well, all of Switzerland is expensive) but perhaps it would also be a wise choice to think of cities like Bern, Luzern or Lausanne which are a little bit smaller but maybe not as expensive. :D

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!