Moving from Québec to Ireland

For anyone living or traveling in Ireland
MatthiewNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Moving from Québec to Ireland

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello all,

My name's Matt, I'm 23 years old and lately if been seriously considering moving to a new country. And Ireland would be my first choice ever since I found out that both my great grandmother's were from Ireland. I mean that's probably a stretch if I'm trying to get an Irish citizenship but it's still something I think.

Let's just say that the last 3 years of my life has not exactly been easy for me. The last straw that made me think about moving abroad was that my dad died not so long ago. So I got a tattoo with the motto of my dad's grandmother, who was from Ireland and he never got the chance to meet.
Thinking of making a test run to Ireland in a couple months for my 24th birthday (which is in early December). And seeing just how much I like it, if I can meet some people and maybe make a few contacts in order to find work and a place to stay.
I mean, I only have a high school degree that I completed in French which means that I'm perfectly bilingual English-French, I meet some guy at a bar the other day that was from Europe (France) and he told me that bilingual speaking jobs were in high demand, is that true?

I don't really know what I'm looking for as an answer, maybe just looking to see what people think of my whole situation and maybe looking for some advice about moving to Ireland. As where would I go once over there and where are the jobs?

Thanks for your help,
MatthiewNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Moving from Québec to Ireland

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

Well first of all, I'd like to thank you all for the replys you were all very helpful...
So I gathered what you said and I decided to take a trip to Ireland the first 2 weeks of December so I can ask some real Irishmen if they are in agreement with you all regarding getting a job over there.
I got the first week already planned out, flight and hotel in Dublin booked with some guided tours of the Ciffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry and Guinness Storehouse. It should be interresting, that and drinking in pubs on my birthday... Plus on my way back I get a 19h layover in Amsterdam, depending on how my trip went we'll see if I spend some money at the Red Light District or not.

Anyways,
Cheers

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!