Health Care in Ireland

For anyone living or traveling in Ireland
irelandseekerNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Health Care in Ireland

Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:54 am

Hi. I was wondering if anyone can provide a first-hand review of the Irish health care system.

My guy and I are planning to move there on a working holiday next spring. He has some pre-existing problems with his kidneys and high blood pressure for which he may require routine prescriptions and medical supplies, sometimes urgently.

I read on one site that the health care system is Ireland is not that great, but I don't know if that's a harsh judgement or if it depends on where you get your care, etc.

We really want to go to Ireland so we are just looking for some reassurance, I guess. Thanks for your help.

Maybe I forgot to mention that I am seeking info. about the Republic, not N. Ireland or the NHIS. I see lots of information on here for the UK, but nothing for the Republic.

20 views guys... Anyone?
dewynNew Member

Re: Health Care in Ireland

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:46 am

Perhaps look into some travelling insurance from Canada that'll cover you abroad? I'm also looking to hit up Ireland under the holiday working visa and I was discussing it with my parents and they said to try and just get travelling insurance, since they should cover you because it is a holiday visa. Just a thought.
karelsJunior Member

Re: Health Care in Ireland

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:10 pm

What is the difference between health care policies in the uk and Ireland?

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!