Help with Income Tax return

For anyone traveling or living in Korea
zxionNew Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Help with Income Tax return

Post Thu May 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Good day to all,

Currently I am working in South Korea and I have been working here for the last 6 years.
My wife and 2 children recently moved back to Canada. I have stayed here to work.
The question I have is what is my residents status? and what tax form do I need to fill out for my kids to get 'Child Tax Benefit'.
I don't have any property in Canada not even a bank account.
My wife doesn't work (not in Canada anyways) and my kids are grade 1 and 5.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have no clue.

Thank you for your help and advice in advance.
karelsJunior Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: Help with Income Tax return

Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:00 pm

in Yahoo Answers, there are discussions about this ITR matters in Korea
klynchCanuckAbroad Regular
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:53 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: Help with Income Tax return

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:40 am

I am a Canadian CGA and UK chartered tax adviser. I specialise in advising UK, Canadian and UK Expats on their tax affairs. I can prepare US UK and Canadian tax returns. For further information please contact [email protected].

Kieran Lynch
jake74New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:09 am

Re: Help with Income Tax return

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:01 am

Hi, as I understand most Westerners may have an exception from income tax while teaching in Korea, or pay only 4-5 % and may get a return, depending on which country you are from and that country's relationship with Korea. You may call the English immigration line at 1345 by land line, and press 3 and * for English and 0 * for an operator. They may be your best bet. You can also view sites online for help. I came across, the other day and had great info on teaching in Korea. It is a new ESL site for foreign teachers. Other sites may include the Pusanweb as well. Great resources for info such as income tax.
Hope this helps.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests