Safe to backpack in India?

For anyone traveling or living in India
joecanuckNew Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Safe to backpack in India?

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:38 pm

Hey all. I'm planning on traveling to India soon and need a little advice from expert folks. Is it safe to walk through the streets of India with my giant backpack on? And what precautions should I take to ensure the safety of my belongings in general (aside from a pacsafe, which is just embarrassing)?
indianinkNew Member

Re: Safe to backpack in India?

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:58 am

Hi Joecanuck,
It is safe to do backpacking India, but keep your money and passport separately, so even if you lose your backpack you can be safe... :-)
BestHotelsNew Member

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:10 am

Goa is one of the most gorgeous state in India. It has finest beaches in world.Beaches are ideal for family vacation,Honeymoon,Fun & Frolic activity.There are lots of reasonable hotels available in Goa. I'll recommend you few of them like Alto De Porvorim,Baga,Bardez,Morjim- North Goa Hotels
Calva-South Goa Hotels, Panjim-Central Goa Hotels.If you want to know more about Travels,hotels,Packages,Beaches,Heritage destination,popular cities,Hill Stations,Industrial Towns,Pilgrimage & Sand Dues in India.
Visit to:- besthoteldeals.co.in
plaatser123New Member

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:17 am

Hello Eminenz,

I would like to ask if you would please help me. I have a site about vacations and I am looking for a way to promote this.

Your post is old so it will not harm you if you leave my comment and it will help me. Thanks very much if you do and sorry about your time if you do not,

Thanks,

Marielle
bombayhomestayNew Member

Post Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 am

It is safe if you take due precautions but why you need to carry this burden all the time ? You can leave it in safe custody at hotel/guesthouse or Rly. Stn. Cloak Room.
SaniyaNew Member

Post Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 am

Its advised that, travelers should have some basic information of the places that they are planning to visit. This will help you to understand that particular segment of country which will provide you a memorable vacation.
MaryBennettNew Member

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:24 pm

It wont be possible to roam around everywhere with your large backpack as its too populated in Indian streets and roads. It will be better if you rent some place to put luggage in it there.

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!