[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
View topic - AOS (I-864) insufficient petitioner's income

AOS (I-864) insufficient petitioner's income

Canadian Expats and travelers in the USA can communicate with each other here!
calicanJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: AOS (I-864) insufficient petitioner's income

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 pm

I called the NVC call center after having a request to review the documents and the call center person confirmed that there is no issue for the I-864 anymore. Should I expect a written letter that it's all OK? Or should I take her word for it?

We could always write a letter to the NVC stating that we were given an OK, but I fear that may cause further confusion. What should I do?
calicanJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks. I have done just that. Waiting for a reply after I submit the remainder of the civil documents.
calicanJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:34 pm

calicanJunior Member
{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:49 pm

Interview successful! The CR1 was automatically changed to IR1. They only required the Original Marriage Certificate as proof, but the system had switched the visa category already.

Lesson: If your spouse does not meet the minimum income requirement, you may, in lieu, file the I-864 since you are the bread winner. But the consular officer asks you how you intend to support yourself once in the US. You WILL be asked to provide proof of Income earned (have your past year's NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT). They ask for it!

In my case, I had a formal job offer letter to show if asked for. The officer does enter this information in the system in front of you and requires you to submit your fingerprints as acknowledgement of a true statement under penalty of perjury, if you give misleading info.

Be honest! Good luck

Did you enjoy this post? Share it!